Clothes to wear in Kashmir
We are sure that you’re looking forward to visiting Kashmir on your next trip, and searching for the right packing list for your family which can help you to deal with extreme Harsh winter weather or a pleasant one, Here is a packing list for Kashmir, let’s dig in! Clothes to wear in Kashmir in Winter & Summer Months
Clothes to wear in Kashmir during winter
November, December, January and February
November to February is the perfect time to experience a blend of two seasons; winter and autumn. Autumn is the season where Kashmir’s green land turns into gold to russet to red. The sight at Kashmir is indefinitely enchanting! The end of November marks the beginning of the winter season in Kashmir when heavy woolens are a necessity. The city is covered in layers of snow and is as beautiful as a picture on a painter’s canvas. Savouring a cup of ginger tea or cappuccino beside a boun-fire, in this weather is a pure joy!
Also Read: Shrines and Temples in Kashmir
This experience I’m sure, you won’t get in any other part of India. So, while you enjoy this weather, we advise you to protect yourself from the cold as well. With an average of -10 to 7 degrees Celsius, Kashmir is freezing during winters, and we suggest you should adopt the idea of layered clothing.
Where one garment can be worn on top of another, to trap the body heat and to keep you warm!
Packing List for Kashmir in Winter
*Do try the traditional Phiran, a Kashmiri long garment that extends up to one’s feet. Usually made of jamewar, a mixture of wool and cotton
Clothes to wear in Kashmir during Summer
Cloths to wear in Kashmir in March & April
Cloths to wear in Kashmir in May - June - July Months
Temperature in Kashmir during June to August.
|Month||Normal Temp||Warmest Temp|
Things to carry while traveling to Kashmir in November, December, and January
You will experience a winter like no other in this snow land from November to January. So, for those of you who have not been to this snowy region (and those who have as well), here is a list of thigs you must carry along:
- Shoes- Boots are a must, you cannot walk in the snow with your sports shoes. If possible, carry snow boots they have the edge over other winter boots as they are water resilient.
- Winter Accessories -Scarves/Mufflers, Ear Muffs, Gloves/Mittens
- Duffel Bag– Make sure you carry a weatherproof waterproof duffel bag (or any other traveling bag) with you.
Things you should carry
- Mobile Phone
- Light snacks
- Cold creams/Lip Guard
- Hot water bottle– It will help to keep your bed warm, for a cozy sleep, especially if there is no central heating.
- Thermal Cup– They do not let heat to penetrate through them and help you to enjoy all your hot beverages.
- *Do carry all the medicines you require for your summer or winter trip. Many of us suffer from motion sickness in Hilly regions, remember to carry medicine for that.
*Carry a camera to cover the picturesque Kashmir in summer or winters. Keep it protected in a waterproof camera bag and if you wish to, carry an extra memory card as well.
Similar Posts You Should Read: